Coconut Berry Porridge
Coconut is rich in fiber & healthy fats called MCT's, and is a tasty, healthy addition to meals for a long-lasting energy boost.
Love oatmeal like me? I admit I've eaten it for dinner in addition to breakfast sometimes. It's just so easily customizable. I can drizzle it with chocolate & PB, or berries & almond butter, depending on my mood!
This oatmeal variation is great for a spring or summer treat, when berries are in season. It provides the perfect balance of textures, and a hint of sweetness with whatever berries you prefer. Add chia and coconut oil for a dose of healthy fats!
- 2/3 C oats (old fashioned)
- 1 1/3 C plantbased milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- optional: 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 TB unrefined virgin coconut oil*
- dash salt
- 2 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 C berries of choice
- 1 TB almond butter
- optional: 2 TB granola or chia seeds
*Must use unrefined for coconut taste. If not, add 1/8 tsp coconut extract for more coconut flavor.
- Bring oats and milk on stove to boil, then simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and add vanilla, maple syrup, coconut extract, and salt.
- Pour into bowl and top with berries & unsweetened coconut flakes.