Cacao Oat + Smoothie Bowl
Cacao oat + smoothie bowl with dark chocolate, peanut butter, blueberries, & coconut
Fiber! Protein! Antioxidants! Chocolately goodness!
This bowl is the perfect combination of texture: smooth and creamy chocolate smoothie and soft oats with a drizzle of chocolate sauce on the top. Since it's healthy, you can have it for a decadent meal or healthy dessert.
The toppings on this one are all up to you! Granola, fruit, peanut or almond butter, toasted nuts (I did pecans in the picture), chia seeds, or anything you can think of.
Chocolate smoothie layer:
- 2 frozen bananas (med-large)
- 2 TB cacao powder (I use Healthworks)
- 1 TB peanut butter / powdered PB
- Tiniest dash of salt + vanilla extract
- splash of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- Optional add ins: PB, cacao, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup (make sure to get natural, not imitation!)
Chocolate sauce: (from @vegaliciously) or mine
- 2 tsp cacao
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- mix well & refrigerate to thicken
- If using my homemade chocolate sauce recipe instead, warm gently
- Add all chocolate smoothe ingredients to strong blender or food processor, liquid first, and pulse until smooth.
- Heat oats and milk on stove to boil, then simmer until liquid is absorbed. When done, set aside to chill (can put in a different container in the refrigerator, but be careful of how your dishes respond to sudden temperature changes).
- Mix chocolate sauce ingredients into bowl, gently melting the coconut oil first. Set in refrigerator to thicken.
- When oats are chilled, pour chocolate smoothie on top and drizzle with copious chocolate sauce!