Simple, Healthy Snacks
The Simple Things
When looking for a snack between meals, simple is always best.
- Whole fruit. Boring, but true. These are the quickest options if you're bounding out the door and absolutely can't prep anything!
- Whole apple, banana, kiwi
- 1 cup of berries
- homemade fruit salad: chopped apples, berries, grapes, orange slices, kiwi
- add in: 1/4 C nuts or 1 TB nut butter
2. Homemade trail mix. An all-time fav, but it's definitely better to make it on your own, to avoid added sugars and oils. Also, it can definitely be cheaper in the long run if you bulk order your ingredients! Recipe:
- 1 C almonds
- 1 C walnuts
- 1 C pecans
- 1 C dried fruit (raisins, blueberries, cranberries, goji berries)
- 1 C coconut chips
- 1/C dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 banana chips (optional)
- 1/2 C pepitas
3. Hummus + veggies
- sliced celery, zuchinni (raw!), carrots, gluten-free seed crackers
- homemade hummus, or store-bought without canola oil (ie., Hope brand) - add a dash of hot sauce to the top of the hummus to give it an extra kick
4. Energy/protein bites/balls.
- Healthier store bought options
- Macro bars
- Clif bars (sparingly)
5. Small smoothie: 1 banana, 1/2 C berries, dash of vanilla, 1 TB peanut butter powder, 1 C leafy greens, almond/coconut milk to desired consistency (around 1 C for me!)
6. Leftovers! A half a portion of leftovers is always a great option. I somehow always forget about this when looking for snacks?
7. Popcorn!! My favorite type of snacking popcorn is this coconut oil + himalayan pink salt popcorn.
8. Quick oat bowl. My fav is 1/2 C oats microwaved with 1 C almond milk, topped with finely chopped apple, and a drizzle of nut butter & a sprinkle of cinnamon. Hint: try Saigon Cinnamon, you'll never look back!