Healthy Homemade Chocolate
Sign me up! Cacao is full of antioxidants and fiber, and coconut oil has unique MCT's to help your body burn fuel.
Love chocolate? Then congrats, you made it to the right place! But first, let's be honest, most of the chocolate out there is bad for you, from sugar-and-cream filled Hershey's, while chocolate, Reese's, ice cream... But there are better ways to feed the addiction. Dark chocolate is always the best way to start. Some of my favorite store-bought brands include Panama dark chocolate, Endangered Species, even 85% Lindt for a cheaper option! But to get an even healthier and cheaper version, try out this simple homemade chocolate recipe!
- Combine cacao powder and coconut oil together in a pot on the stove, on low-medium heat
- Heat until melted and stir to combine
- Remove from heat, & add in vanilla, sea salt, maple syrup
- Pour into candy mold for squares or store in jar for chocolate sauce (& gently reheat before eating again).
- Refrigerate candy mold to harden!
If storing in jar, you can leave it in the pantry if you eat it within a week, but refrigerate if sitting out longer.
I love drizzling this sauce over oatmeal, banana bread, banana ice cream & smoothies...or just eating with a spoon & some PB!