Quick Homemade Cilantro Lime Guacamole
Herbs & Zest
This quick guacamole recipe combines fresh herbs and the summery zest of limes. Perfect to whip up in the heat, and easier than it looks!
It's summertime and you know what that means? All the excuses to eat guacamole all the time! Nothing is better in the summer than some fresh guac. We know that avocado (in relative moderation) is good for you, but add in fresh herbs, limes, and red onions, and you've got a nutritional powerhouse! Just stay away from oversalting and eating with white flour tortilla chips. Instead, opt for fresh veggies or corn chips!
If you don't went to spend a lot of money on a tiny container of preservative-filled guac at the store or in a restaurant, here's a recipe - and it's quick, because I know the thought of chopping up endless veggies deters me from making anything!
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/3 C chopped cilantro
- 1/3 - 1/2 red onion, chopped
- juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- sprinkle of cayenne or chipotle powder
- salt to taste
- Make sure all the veggies are washed before you start, mash the avo and add into the chopped cilantro, onion, and lime juice.
- Add in spices and salt to taste
- Make sure to keep chilled & firmly sealed after making.