Beet + Chia Protein Oatmeal With Blueberries and Coconut
Colorful "fantasy food" is all the rage right now. And I've fallen into the trap. I was so excited to make this little pastel oatmeal bowl. And it looks like it would be super complicated to make, but I promise it is not! Check it out for yourself! And by the way, if you want to see more pictures like this, check out my Instagram!
- 2/3 C oats
- 1 1/3 C hemp milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 3 TB coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- small pinch of beet powder
- 1 TB collagen protein or protein powder of choice
- 1 TB cashew butter
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1/3 hemp milk
- Whisk chia seeds and milk together in a small bowl and allow to set at room temperature to thicken.
- Heat oats and oat milk in a pot on the stove, bring to boil, and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in the remainder of the ingredients.
- Top with coconut, fresh or frozen berries. (Frozen in image above, fresh below!)