Berry Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
This is not so much of a recipe but a plantbased breakfast idea! This is something that I eat regularly - for breakfast, for an afternoon snack, and also for a dessert (I add a little coconut oil chocolate on top to make it more dessert-y)! It's simple, filled with protein, fiber, omega 3's, and probiotics - literally, what more could you ask for in a meal?
- Whisk the chia seeds and water together in a small bowl to make chia pudding, and allow to sit for water to absorb.
- Heat oats and coconut milk on the stove until liquid is absorbed. Allow to cool slightly before stirring in the maple syrup.
- Pour oats into a bowl, and top with coconut yogurt, chia jam, chia pudding, blueberries, and a drizzle of almond butter (about a tablespoon.) Voila! The simplest and yummiest breakfast ever!
- 1/2 C oats
- 2 C coconut milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 C coconut yogurt (I use unsweetened plain vanilla)
- 3 TB raspberry chia jam
- Handful of blueberries
- 2 TB chia seeds + 5 TB water
- Drizzle of almond butter