Blueberry Chia Smoothie with Wildflowers!
Ok, so the wildflowers are not for eating. I just thought they were pretty! They were on sale at my home-away-from-home, Whole Foods, and I jumped on them. Though, I did hear tell that some flowers are edible. Something to ponder for another time... This smoothie is the perfect easy breakfast, pre- or post-workout snack, or even dessert. Natural sugars + good carbs + protein + fiber + antioxidants! What more could you ask for?
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- handful of frozen blueberries*
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1 TB almond butter
- 1 TB protein powder of choice: hemp seeds/powder, pea protein, brown rice protein, etc.
- 1/3 C coconut milk
- A few ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Optional: 1 tsp blue spirulina
- Adding liquid first, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smoothie. Top with blueberries, raspberries, coconut chips, and perhaps some chia pudding.