Buckwheat Pad Thai
- 1 packages of buckwheat noodles
- 1 package of frozen shelled edamame
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small-medium
- 1/3 C chopped parsley
- 1/3 C chopped green onion
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/3 C tahini
- 1/4 C tamari
- 1 lemon, juice
- dash of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3 TB sesame seeds
- salt + pepper
- Boil a large pot of water with a dash of salt. Add buckwheat noodles and cook uncovered for about 8 minutes until cooked through. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Slice red pepper, cut zucchini into quarter rounds, chop parsley and green onion.
- Heat a TB of olive oil on medium in the same pot, and add frozen edamame, shredded carrots, sliced red pepper, and zucchini. Stir frequently.
- Whisk ingredients for sauce in a small bowl.
- When edamame is thawed and veggies are softened, add in noodles, then stir in parsley, green onions, and sauce. Allow to heat together, and season with salt.