Cacao Brown Rice Crisp + Chia Granola
Weekend + Chocolate
The perfect combination.
It's the weekend! And for me, it's birthday weekend! So what better way to kick it off than with chocolate?
This almond butter granola is the perfect decadent, crispy topping for practically anything: smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, you name it. I personally have to practice a lot of restraint not to eat it straight out of the jar. And sometimes that restraint fails.
This chocolate brown rice crisp granola is the more dessert-y cousin to my maple almond granola, so just take your pick and let's get baking!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown rice crisps
- 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut (or coconut chips)
- 4 TB cacao powder
- 3 TB chia seeds
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients: oats, brown rice crisps, coconut, cacao, chia, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a pot, melt almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour almond butter mixture into dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour granola onto lined or greased baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until crispy. Keep in mind that it will harden after cooling.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before storing in jar or container.