Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread
Hidden Veggies Round 2
Avocado + Chocolate
It's dessert time! So why not sneak in some veggies? It's Hidden Veggies, Episode No. 2. (The other, of course, was my sweet potato dessert bowl...do I post too many dessert recipes?)
This chocolate banana bread is full of healthy fats from the avocado, healthy sugars and minerals from the bananas, and antioxidants + fiber from the cacao! What more you could ask for in a dessert?
- 4 large, ripe bananas*
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/4 C coconut oil)
- 2 C oats, ground into flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash plantbased milk
- 2 TB maple syrup**
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 C cacao powder
- 2 TB ground flaxseed
- Optional: 1/2 cacao chips or chopped nuts
*It is crucial that these are ripe for the sweet flavor!
**If you need a stronger sugar flavor, add a few TB's of coconut sugar to the dry ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease loaf pan.
- In blender, grind oats into flour, and pour into bowl.
- To oat flour, add baking soda, cinnamon, cacao powder, salt, and flaxseed.
- To same blender, add in bananas, avocado, vanilla, milk, maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix to combine.
- Gently fold in cacao chips or nuts if using.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour. Pierce with knife to check if done (If it comes out clean, it's ready!)