Chocolate Tahini Date Bars
You might think tahini, which is savory, and chocolate and dates, which are sweet, might not go well together, but trust me--they do! These bars are super quick to whip up, and are a deliciously, uniquely-tasting treat! I've definitely been in a dessert sort of mood lately, so please forgive all the dessert posts...or thank me, because we all love dessert, right?! Check out some of my other dessert recipes like my sweet potato brownies, crumbly oat bars, or raw caramel brownies.
- 1 C dates
- 2 TB tahini
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1/3 C cacao powder
- 1/4 C almonds
- dash of salt
- 1/4 C tahini
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Cover with coconut oil chocolate
- In a food processor, process ingredients for base layer until it forms a sticky batter. Press into loaf tin lined with parchment paper and put in freezer.
- Prepare coconut oil chocolate and allow to cool while you prepare tahini.
- Whisk tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl until combined, and pour on top of base layer in loaf tin.
- Put back in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, then pour in 1 batch of coconut oil chocolate.
- Allow to harden in refrigerator, then cut into bars or squares. Keep stored in refrigerator.