Dill + Garlic Potatoes, Veggies, & Quinoa
Dill is such a crisp, refreshing herb for the summer, and adds a great dash of fresh flavor to any dish!
- 1 C quinoa (or grain of choice)*
- 3 C water/veggie stock + dash of salt
- 3 C frozen broccoli
- 3 C frozen peas
- 1 TB minced garlic + 1 TB olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped (I used a red onion)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tsp lemon pepper + salt
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3 TB fresh dill, chopped (split)
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 3 TB apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped finely
- salt to taste
*If you use another type of grain, the amount of liquid you add might be changed.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bring quinoa, water, and salt to boil in a pot on the stove. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- After quinoa is started, wash, scrub + chop potatoes in wedges. Toss with 2 TB olive oil, lemon pepper, salt, and 1 TB fresh dill. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until crispy and browned (check after 30 min).
- While potatoes and quinoa are cooking, heat 1 TB minced garlic, 1 TB olive oil, and 1/2 chopped onion on medium heat. Cook until fragrant, about a few minutes. (I added a little of the cooked onion to the quinoa, but your choice!)
- Add frozen veggies to the pan, and cook until thawed and warm, stirring frequently. (Can add a dash of water or oil to the pan to keep them from sticking).
- While veggies are cooking, whisk ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- When veggies are done, remove from heat.
- When liquid is absorbed from quinoa, add 2 TB fresh dill, salt + pepper.
- Add 1/4 of each potatoes, quinoa, and veggies into bowl, then drizzle with dressing. Voila!