Fig + Pepita Oat Bowl With Coconut and Dates
Pepitas are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, iron, & more!
To me, this is the perfect summer breakfast bowl: figs, maple syrup, coconut, and toasted pepitas! It's sweet, light, but full of nutritional goodness. And it's pretty and bright and gets me powered up for a day out in the sun! (Or inside, on my computer).
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 medjool dates
- 3 figs, chopped
- 2 TB pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 C coconut yogurt
- 2 TB unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 2 TB maple syrup, split
- dash of salt
- Optional: 1 TB cashew, almond, or other neutral nut butter
- Optional: dash of coconut extract
- Soak dates in bowl of warm water.
- Bring oats and coconut milk in pan to boil, then cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- While oats are cooking, chop figs. Blend dates in blender or food processor with 1 TB water, or finely shred with a knife.
- When oats are done, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add blended dates, 1 TB maple syrup, 1 TB cashew butter, coconut yogurt, and salt to oats.
- Top with 2 TB pepitas, coconut chips, and 1 TB maple syrup. Enjoy!
Wondering what else is in this picture? Check out my Chocolate Sweet Potato Dessert Bowl!