Green Onions, Peas, & Brown Rice
Greens & Carbs
Yep, this meal has carbs. But it's got protein + nutrients, too, so no worries.
Looking for a crowd-pleasing, simple, and flavorful dish to serve your friends or family? This one is simple and full-proof. To add more flavor, add tahini + garlic powder - but if you want to keep it simple, it's not necessary! I just added a swirl of tahini to mine, and found it plenty flavorful.
This recipe takes about 1 hour total, but you'll only be doing work for about 15 minutes. How great does that sound?!
- 1 C brown rice + 1 TB olive oil
- 2 C vegetable stock
- 1/3 C finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 C frozen petite green peas
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 TB olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 C greens per serving (spinach or baby kale)
- Optional: drizzle of tahini
- Optional: 1 tsp garlic powder for boost of flavor
- Heat olive oil and rice in pot on medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes-1hr.
- When the rice is almost done, add peas to thaw and greens to wilt slightly.
- When liquid is absorbed and rice is done, remove from heat, & add green onions, lime zest, juice, olive oil, salt + pepper. I drizzled mine with tahini for a creamy finish!