Lemon Chia Energy Bites
Kickstart your day
Need a boost of energy? These zesty bites can prep you for a busy day or intense workout!
These energy bites are perfect for summer: tangy, zesty, and light. The chia seeds give you a longlasting boost of energy and fill you up for hours, so if you're in a hurry, busy, or knocking out an intense workout, these will give you some pep!
For these, you definitely need to make sure you've got the perfect balance of wet + dry to make sure they're sticky enough to stay together, but not too wet that they're gooey. Make sure to refrigerate these until they're hard and well-formed.
- 2 1/2 C oats, ground into flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 C chia seeds
- 1/2 C almond butter
- 1/4 C + 1 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Grind oats into flour in blender.
- In bowl, add oat flour, coconut, chia seeds, and salt.
- Gently warm almond butter in saucepan on stove and add maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice & zest.
- Pour wet into dry and mash with fork or kneed with hands.
- With hands, form into balls and refrigerate overnight.
If these are too dry or too wet, add more/less of the maple syrup/almond butter. That's the glue that holds these together!