Maple Tahini Maca Energy Bites
Tahini With Maple?
A surprisingly fantastic combination!
So hopefully you've already read my cacao + peanut butter energy bites post...and if you liked that, here's another one for you! These are still sweet, but take a different approach to energy bites.
The maca, maple syrup, and dates in this recipe give these bites a caramel flavor, while the tahini gives a savory finish to them! Tahini is high in protein and calcium, which is a great boost in any plantbased diet (if you chose to eat that way)!. These bites are full of fiber, protein, & healthy fats: a perfect trifecta for a snack!
Makes 12-15 bites
1 C oats
1 C dates
1/4 c tahini
1/4 C maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
dash sea salt
Optional: 1/2 TB maca
- Heat enough water to cover dates in stove or in microwave until, and soak dates until soft.
- Grind oats in blender into flour while dates are soaking, and pour into bowl. Add dash of salt.
- When dates are soft, put in blender with 1 TB water, tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pulse & blend until dates are processed to smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into oat flour and mash with hands or fork until thoroughly mix.
- Form into balls and refrigerate.