Mediterranean Veggie Bowl + Creamy Garlic Dressing
Let's take a trip!
Inspired by Mediterranean flavors, this bowl is fresh, summery, + zesty!
Ok, this is absolutely one of my favorite recipes! It is amazing! I'm all about it.
Also, as per my MOA, it is incredibly easy to make. Like whip it up in under thirty minutes. And literally any type of eater (meat eater, picky eater, healthy eater) will love it, because it's balanced with fat, carbs, + protein, and bursting with zesty, spicy, creamy flavor!
This can double as a quick lunch or dinner, and makes great leftovers for busy days.
- 1 C quinoa
- 3 C water
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 can or jar of olives, drained and sliced vertically
- 5 C of fresh kale, shredded
- 2 cans of white beans of choice (canellini, butter, etc)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 C olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 C tahini
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a pot, heat olive oil, quinoa, red pepper flakes, garlic, and chopped onion on medium-high heat. Cook until fragrant and quinoa is toasted.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, drain and slice olives, drain and wash beans, and shred kale.
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- When quinoa is almost done, throw in shredded kale and cover with a lid and allow to wilt (can separate out after, if desired).
- When quinoa is done, dole out 1/4 of recipe into 4 bowls along with kale, 1/4 of the beans, and a quarter of an avocado each.
- Take remaining lemon and squeeze it over the bowls, and drizzle each with garlic dressing.
And don't forget to share this article with the buttons below if you liked it!