Berry Banana Bread Bars
Banana bread? Bars?
This recipe is adapted from my oat banana bread recipe. The bar form is a lot more portable, and easier to take with you when you're on the run!
These banana bread- turned-bars are not granola bars, but a sweet berry bread that is delicious to top with chia jam and peanut butter, or of course, melted chocolate. Or all three?
- 1 1/4 C oats or almonds, ground into flour
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 1/4 C melted coconut oil or applesauce
- 1 TB almond milk
- 3 TB flax or chia seeds
- 3 TB coconut sugar (optional)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 C frozen berries (mixed, or blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Optional: TB of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind oats in blender and pour into bowl.
- Add chia/flaxseeds, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In blender, add bananas, almond milk, vanilla, and applesauce/oil.
- Add banana mixture into flour, and gently mix. Do not overstir.
- Gently fold in frozen berries.
- Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into 9x9 baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly until slicing.