Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
My family, though they will claim they are not, are picky eaters. My father especially is very picky about his protein bars, though he will claim he is not. When I am home, he always asks me to make him a batch or two, and these are the ones that he has told me he likes best out of all the variations I've tested out on him! No higher praise than that, right?! These bars are full of fiber, protein, and are almost dessert-like, with gooey chocolate, sweet banana, and rich peanut butter. I like to eat these slightly warmed up, and they make the perfect post-workout snack or healthy treat! Family-tested and approved.
About 8 bars
- 1 C oats, ground into a flour
- 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C chopped nuts of choice (pecans, walnuts, etc)
- 2 TB ground flaxseed
- 1/3 C dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- 1/2 C melted peanut butter
- 3 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind oats in blender, then add them to a bowl with oats, chopped nuts, flaxseed, and salt.
- In a pot on the stove, heat peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Mash bananas with a fork and add to the liquid ingredients, and stir to get rid of clumps.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9x9in baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until browned on top.
- Allow to cool thoroughly and cut into about 8-10 bars. Keep refrigerated.