Rosemary Tahini Lentils With Lemon + Garlic
Tahini is full of healthy fat, fiber, protein, + calcium!
Nothing beats fresh, light herbs in the summer! This dish is creamy, tangy, and full of summery flavor! It can work as a side for four people, or a main dish for 2 with veggies on the side (I recommend fresh summer squash).
Even though this dish is creamy, it has no dairy, so if you're lactose intolerant or allergic, you're in luck! And also, like all my recipes, this dish requires very few ingredients and is sooo very simple and easy to make. Took me just 2 more minutes after the lentils were done (which was about 15 minutes or so). Can't beat that!
- Add lentils and water to a pot and bring to a boil with a dash of salt. When boiling, cover & simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- While lentils are cooking, chop rosemary and juice lemon.
- When lentils are almost finished, add rosemary, tahini, and garlic powder.
- When finished, remove from heat and add lemon juice, & salt + pepper to taste.
- Garnish with lemon zest and rosemary if desired.