Sweet Potato Falafel
If you're trying to eat less meat, you might find yourself craving some solid, filling food in a meatless meal. This is where falafel comes in! It is filling, dense, crispy, and full of protein and fiber with the chickpeas. The sweet potato addition into these falafels bulks them up and adds some more nutrients. These are the perfect meat substitute in a plantbased meal that doesn't have any tofu or soy! Enjoy!
- 1 sweet potato, steamed or baked with skin removed
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 3 TB chopped parsley
- 1 TB tahini
- 1 TB olive oil
- 3 TB gluten free flour of choice (oat, almond, chickpea, etc)
- salt + pepper
- Bake or steam sweet potato until soft. Remove skin and add to food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with water. Add to food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until smooth and all chunks are gone. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into patties with your hands and put on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy or fry in a pan with olive oil.